Lets face it: Pot leads to the munchies, and the munchies sometimes lead to eating stupid amounts of fattening food, in one or all of the three pothead food groups: Salty, Sweet, and Fatty. Which brings us to:
The McGangBang. A quick Google search of this term will either get you a load of McDonald's themed porn, or the recipe to one of the ultimate munchie-driven meals out there; the holy grail of fattening yet satisfying food when baked.
A McChicken, shoved between the beef patties of a double cheeseburger.

The photo above illustrates the traditional concept. Food for fatties, basically.
The burger itself is a simple concept - lets combine two forms of meat into one awesome mega-sandwich. The variations, however, are nearly endless. The one key concept - you need to have a burger with 2 beef patties to allow proper layering of Bread, Beef, Bread, Chicken, Bread, Beef, Bread.
Extras like cheese, bacon, special sauce, etc. are an added bonus.
Due to two bouts of food poisoning I've had courtesy of McDick's, I haven't touched a morsel of food from them in five years, and that won't be changing. Luckily, there are plenty of other grease-joints that cater to fat-asses, those lucky people who never gain weight, and the chronically stoned.
Here's what we'll be reviewing today:
#1: Burger King Double Whopper Edition: A Double Whopper stuffed with a Classic Chicken Sandwich
#2: Wendy's Baconator Edition: A Baconator stuffed with a Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
#3: Burger King Double Stacker Edition: A Double Stacker stuffed with a Classic Chicken Sandwich.
#4: Lick's Pseudo Edition: A Homeburger/Gobbler Edition from Lick's.
Lets go!
#1: The double whopper is probably the most complex burger on this list. There's lettuce, tomato, onions, and a whole lot of mayo to contend with. I was cramming this in on the couch around midnight, and mess was a definite factor. The amount of mayo used has a simple advantage/disadvantage: For those with drymouth or lacking a beverage, well, it's juicy. It also drips ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE. I've got food stains on my shirt from this outing!
As the Classic Chicken Sandwich is somewhat oblong, I had to eat it down to size.
Given the size of the double whopper plus the chicken sandwich, this was very, very filling. I didn't eat again til the following afternoon.
Mow Factor: 4/5
#2: I love bacon, so this sandwich starts out strong on that merit alone. I also like spicy food so I went with the spicy chicken sandwich, which really does not live up to its name. Still, it worked out well. Far less toppings on the baconator - it's basically two beef patties, cheese, and bacon - made this much easier to eat. Considering I was mowing this down in halfbaked's basement, I didn't want to leave stains all over his couch... well not those kind of stains anyhow!
Taste-wise, this was also the best of the bunch. Fucking bliss. Beef, Chicken, Bacon. Every land-based animal I love to eat.
Mow Factor: 5/5!!!
#3: I took this one to the beach, after a night of smoking under the stars (well mostly the lights from the city blocking the stars out). Again, used the classic chicken sandwich which needs to be eaten down to size so that its shape roughly lines up with that of a regular burger.
This is the sandwich I really wanted to compare to the Wendy's baconator edition, as this puppy has a couple strips of bacon, and bacon makes everything better!
I was a bit let down in the end. The baconator far and away defeated both BK editions, and the Whopper was actually better than this. It wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't right. A bit too dry - although that took care of the mess factor - and the bacon wasn't really noticable. I also had a hard time getting this one assembled for whatever reason, which may have (unfairly) detracted from my enjoyment of it.
Since I can't fault the sandwich for being too high to manipulate bread and meat, I'm not docking any points for that.
Mow Factor: 3.8/5
#4: Very, very disappointing, and I love Lick's! Their burgers just aren't made for this. Plus, I had to break a golden rule, and have only one beef patty (removing the extra piece of bun so the sandwich went Bun/Burger/Bun/Turkey Burger/Bun). Too dry, and since the Gobbler is minced Turkey rather than a deep friend patty like a lot of chicken burgers, it just seems like an extra big burger.
Mow Factor: 1/5
Overall - take the Wendy's Baconator edition if you plan on doing this, fatty! Or try creating a different version of it, and let us know how it went!
No comments:
Post a Comment