I'm gonna play 8 nearly random songs on Rock Band 2, Playing Guitar on Expert and judge them based on difficulty and fun, and I'll try and either post links or videos of the songs in question.
I have almost all the downloaded ones since release so that's like 500+ songs so without further ado, the first 8 songs.
Oh I forgot to mention, yea I'm stoned again now so - it's another fully baked review.
1. Just What I Needed - The Cars. Difficulty= 4 Fun = 6
It's not the hardest song and has quite a nice solo that isn't so hard that you fail it every time. The song even starts on a nice intro which gradually gets a bit harder then stays about the same, it's a good start to the song. Overall if you like the song or the Cars in general it's a good download but don't expect a large challenge.
2. Baba O'Riley - The Who. Difficulty = 4 Fun = 7.5
Ok, first thing to note is the guitarist is the LAST person to join the song, I was sitting here wondering when the hell I get a note, even the bassist is playing before I am! YARGH! After the long long wait to play, it starts of and seems like a joke, it's much too easy. You play along that for a while and it never seems to get too hard really, even the solo isn't to hard, but the ending is so much fun to not only hear, but play. So similar to #1 if you like the song or the Who then it's quite fun, plus a lot of people know the song so they can usually enjoy it with you.
3. Shoot The Runner - Kasabian. Difficulty = 4.5 Fun = 7.6
Not only does the song take a moment to get going, but it really presents itself with a good beat and overall a catch tune right off the bat, and it's not to hard making it a very fun song to start with and it getting a higher fun factor, plus ending a song like that on a solo is always a good little additional fun. I'd really give this one a listen at least as it's got a interesting sound to it.
4. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd. Difficulty = 6 Fun = 8.3
Starting the song off on a high note constant finger movement is needed to get through the beginning of this song, and then it settles into a nice calm chill, until solo time comes in and it throws you for a little bit of a loop before cooling you down as you play the song out. This song is one of my favorites in the game just for the simplicity of the whole thing and no I didn't mean to make that terrible pun, sorry guys.
5. In Bloom - Nirvana. Difficulty = 3.5 Fun = 6.7
A song most twenty-something and teenager would most likely know, but is it fun to play while baked? It is, but only because it's really easy and doesn't offer much challenge meaning you can sit back relax and even sing along a bit, because you know you are going to, even if you are saying right now you won't....you will. Anyway, decent all the way though, nothing too exciting that makes this stand out from anything else.
6. Rock Rebellion - Bang Camaro. Difficulty = 8.4 Fun = 8
This song is a overall great song, from the catchy guitar rhythm that is still stuck in my head to the not too difficult but difficult enough for a stoner solo which really caught me off guard. Everything seemed to tie together well for this song, it was difficult yes but fun as well.
7. Space Truckin' - Deep Purple. Difficulty = 7.6 Fun = 9
"Yea! Yea! Yea! Space Truckin!!!" Oh pardon me, that song is just so much fun all rolled into a song that isn't toooo hard except for a few harder parts throughout the song. It's got a great memorable guitar portion and for most stoners I know the song as a whole is really good to listen to, and heck if you are playing a portion of it? It's even more wicked that just listening!
8. Rock N Roll Dream - Crooked X. Difficulty = 4.6 Fun = 4.7
It's not that difficult of a song, except maybe the 2nd solo which is a little bit harder than the rest of the song. It's also not a fairly memorable song, like it's not something that I have ever felt like thats the song I need to play. So it's mostly forgettable. In the end with this song, its all about if you like the song or not.
And now - I'm off to watch The Simpsons and Family guy.
Starting the song off on a high note constant finger movement is needed to get through the beginning of this song, and then it settles into a nice calm chill, until solo time comes in and it throws you for a little bit of a loop before cooling you down as you play the song out. This song is one of my favorites in the game just for the simplicity of the whole thing and no I didn't mean to make that terrible pun, sorry guys.
5. In Bloom - Nirvana. Difficulty = 3.5 Fun = 6.7
A song most twenty-something and teenager would most likely know, but is it fun to play while baked? It is, but only because it's really easy and doesn't offer much challenge meaning you can sit back relax and even sing along a bit, because you know you are going to, even if you are saying right now you won't....you will. Anyway, decent all the way though, nothing too exciting that makes this stand out from anything else.
6. Rock Rebellion - Bang Camaro. Difficulty = 8.4 Fun = 8
This song is a overall great song, from the catchy guitar rhythm that is still stuck in my head to the not too difficult but difficult enough for a stoner solo which really caught me off guard. Everything seemed to tie together well for this song, it was difficult yes but fun as well.
7. Space Truckin' - Deep Purple. Difficulty = 7.6 Fun = 9
"Yea! Yea! Yea! Space Truckin!!!" Oh pardon me, that song is just so much fun all rolled into a song that isn't toooo hard except for a few harder parts throughout the song. It's got a great memorable guitar portion and for most stoners I know the song as a whole is really good to listen to, and heck if you are playing a portion of it? It's even more wicked that just listening!
8. Rock N Roll Dream - Crooked X. Difficulty = 4.6 Fun = 4.7
It's not that difficult of a song, except maybe the 2nd solo which is a little bit harder than the rest of the song. It's also not a fairly memorable song, like it's not something that I have ever felt like thats the song I need to play. So it's mostly forgettable. In the end with this song, its all about if you like the song or not.
And now - I'm off to watch The Simpsons and Family guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment