3/8/09

Seven - Fully Baked Reviews

First Review -


Release Date: 1995

Director: David Fincher
Starring: Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow

Tagline: "Seven deadly sins. Seven ways to die."
Random Trivia: The word "fuck" and its derivatives are said a discernible 74 times throughout the movie, mostly by Brad Pitt.
High I was on - Bong hits (several throughout movie)

Synopsis - First 30 minutes (because as a stoner, I usually expect some hooks to keep me watching past this point)
To make a point quickly, I love it when movies do the sort of thing that was done here, the movie started right away with a creepy and gross murder scene even before the opening credits roll! So far so good. Although not much is really learned about the movie's plot, we get our nice little intros to both main characters. Both Brad Pitt, and Morgan Freeman. I really don't want to bother learning the characters names so it's easier if I just say it's B.P and M.F for them. Hopefully you can follow along? I know I can't.


Screengrab during opening credits (click for larger image)
The opening credits do a decent enough job of grabbing my attention right away with some Nine Inch Nails in the background and some really odd imagery going on it all blends together well leading in to the movie which is.
On Monday we are treated to the first real murder and of course it's in a creepy part of town it seems and going inside we find lots of cans of tomato sauce and oh wait, there's a big fat guy face down in a bowl of pasta. Which reminds me, I have some pasta in the fridge which I'm gonna go eat. Here's a picture of the Fat Man while I go eat.


Ok, so coming back from eating I realized since this isn't live or anything I didn't have to tell you I was going to go eat, so I'm sorry. No I'm not deleting it, that requires more effort that I don't want to expend. Anyways, back with the movie. We find out that the fat-man was forced to eat himself to death. He literally exploded after being fed for 12 hours when the killer kicked him. While presenting what they have found out to the chief he believes it is the begining of something bigger, to which the chief does not agree. M.F is a damn smart detective!


Tuesday's Murder Scene - Greed (click for larger)

Moving onto Tuesday - Another murder this time higher profile, a Defence Attorney. Brad Pitt walked right past all the reporters and headed straight for the scene, and as he is walking through the halls he is hearing other colleges making short-handed comments about him. Whilst B.P is looking at this case we see M.F looking around the crime scene for the first murder and finds the word Gluttony smeared into a pile of lard on the wall behind the fridge. M.F is doing all right, he looked behind the fridge after comparing some clues to the scene! Clever Girl!

Gluttony scribed into the grease (click for larger)
So for the rest of the first half hour here isn't much more, just some more character development and research going on. So what do we know? Not much, but we now know they cases are linked so it's a serial killer possibly and the way B.P and M.F play well off each other, some good banter can be a saving grace of a movie.



Now in order to not spoil much for as many people as possible, we stop the main review right there and give a brief overall like and dislike, and then it's baked factor.

Brief Overall - So the movie continues on and we see obviously more murders discover the connections between them and infact we even have a great chase scene when they finally catch up to the killer. More increasingly odd deaths which if you haven't guessed it by now the killer is doing the Seven Deadly Sins. By the end of the movie your mind gets fucked with and depending on your usual or not so usual movie you get an ending worth the time to sit down and watch a movie.

Likes - The story was gripping and had some great twists which are my favorite as long as they arn't to predictable. The acting was top notch for the most part and kept my attention in the movie as opposed to other things. The Ending - which I won't spoil here, but it's an ending that people talk about, long after the movie is over.

Dislikes - Length, now this is because I'm a stoner but 2hr and 7min runtime with really only one or two major action sequences? I mean, I'm stoned! I need entertainment! so it's hard to say.

- Overall rating - Half-Baked (3 out of 5)

*Not the best movie to watch while high, but overall it ends up being a great movie that fucks with your head.*

1 comment:

  1. cool review... you should do a review on death proof.. the BEST shit to watch while you're high. i usually do it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete